Staking Urus tokens is very simple.
In order to stake tokens, you will require Urus tokens in your ERC20 supported wallet such as MetaMask.
Visit our staking portal available at the following link: https://aurox.app/staking
Connect your wallet.
You'll notice the website updates and displays your balances like below:
4. Click the "Stake" Button, which will display the following screen:
5. Input the number of tokens you want to stake, and the number of months you want to stake them for. For example, if we wanted to stake 1000 tokens for 1 year, we would input the following:
6. Approve the transaction by clicking the Approve button. Wait until the transaction goes through on the Ethereum chain.
7. Click the "Stake" button.
8. All Done, your staked contracts will then appear in the table on the website.
Please note: Canceling stakes early will charge you a penalty in the principal tokens you deposited. The maximum penalty is 50% and is calculated with the formula below:
Penalty on Principal = (Time_Left/Total_Stake_Time) * 0.5
For example, if I stake 1000 tokens for a year, but only complete 3 of the months before canceling my stake, I will lose 375 out of the 1000 tokens I deposited into the stake. The reward tokens are not penalized.
Here is an example of a 1000 token stake for 48 months
The red line represents the stake maturing over time.
The blue line represents breaking the stake over time.
Depending on the staking period, it is possible to break a stake and absorb the fee without losing any principal Urus tokens, but only losing the interest tokens. In the example above, after 17 months, you will receive back your original 1000 tokens if you end up breaking the stake early.